Saturday 11 January 2014

To whom it may concern.

I wrote this for you. Whoever you may be; my family, my friends or even strangers. You may read this right after I publish it. You may read this 1 week from now or you may read this in 20 or 30 years to come.

It's the 12th day of the year 2014, well, another day, another year I would say. As days pass by, we are all becoming a different person. To better or to worse. But today, right now, I believe, I would want to change. Definitely to a better someone, striving for duniawi and ukhrawi.

Let me warn you. This is a rant and it is going to be a long rant. But it's not about me. It's not about you. It's about us.

Dear parents, I know, as years pass by, I grow older. From a baby, to a kid, to a teenager and now, to an adult. I have never been a parent and I'm pretty sure, I don't know at all how it feels like to see your children growing up from year to year. Just so you know, at this stage of life, I still need you. I definitely can earn my own money. I definitely can take my own flight alone going back and forth to other countries. I absolutely can cook for myself and you don't have to worry at all about me not having food to eat because I am now, one independent adult. But, I would have to admit, there comes a time when life isn't being nice to me and the only person I would want to cry to is you. I am definitely an adult now, having my own life but that doesn't mean, I don't need you. In fact, I need you more than ever now.

Dear siblings, we have our own life. You do something for living I totally have no idea what is it or you probably busy with your new family and you probably think we have our own life. But, no, I lied. We don't have our ultimate own life because somewhere along the way, unconsciously, we include each other in our life through thick and thin, through sickness and health. I may never tell you this before but I am grateful to have you as my siblings and deep down inside, I hope, we remain this way till death do us apart.

Dear family, near and far. We may never talk before or we may be very close. & whatever we are, I am grateful to have you as they say, blood is thicker than water. Let's respect, appreciate and love each other for whatever we are. We are family after all. We are family for reasons and I believe, family will always have the special place in my heart.

Dear best friends, I hope you know I am talking about you. We have been friends for almost 8 years, we have been friends for almost 3 years and even after all these years that we have been away from each other, different universities, different countries, yet I still long for your existence whenever I need someone to talk to. I know I can't always be there for you and you can't always be there for me but, I will forever cherish the friendship that we have because you are the person that I am always comfortable to talk to and accept me just the way I am. Tell you what, whatever happens, we will always have each other.

Dear friends, it's good to have you guys with me especially when we all are far away from our family. It's good to know that there will always be someone to wake me up for fajr. It's good to know there will always be someone to take care of me, to be there for me to listen to my stories. It's one of the nikmat I hope I will never take for granted. I don't ask much but I hope you would always remind me of Him. To guide me and to pray for me to be a better person in dunya and hereafter.

Dear friends, old friends, near and far, I know, I myself don't know how to maintain a relationship. I am very bad at it. Well, I do want to talk to you. I probably don't really know how to communicate on the social sites. You probably don't know that I read your tweets and laugh at your text in the whatsapp group. I miss you but I probably a little insecure thinking you might not be thinking about me at all. But it's good seeing achievements and achievements of yours and knowing that we are successful in our own ways. Keep it up. Let's strive to be better and let's strive to attain the best of our life.

Dear everyone, we are all aware of what's happening in the world. Violence, corruption etc etc. It breaks my heart everytime I hear the news of what's happening in Syria, Egypt, Palestine or even other countries in the world. Well, not just that, it breaks my heart knowing there are homeless loitering around the City of Kuala Lumpur, or even New York when we all could sleep soundly on a comfy bed. Yet we keep on complaining and not being happy with what we have. It's very distracting not knowing what education really is, it's very distracting knowing that sometimes life can be very unfair to certain people or us. It's very depressing to know that there are people who are not loved and being ignored. It's very depressing to know that now, killing, raping and stealing are the norms we are taking for granted. It's very frustrating to know leaders are not doing their best to take care of us. It's very distracting to not being able to list out all the problems, corruptions and flaws which are happening around the world today. But most of all, it's very frustrating to know some of us are being ignorant and don't even care about those problems. Who am I to preach this, after all. I myself am not doing too well in this but I would like to urge each and everyone of us to at least be grateful with what we have and pray for them. Our life just don't revolve around ourselves. We have the responsibility not just to ourselves but to our family, friends and the community around us. Changing the world may sound ambitious but it's never too late to hope, it's never too late to make a move. Well, it strikes me hard, when I once heard, "You talk about changing the world when you can't even change your day". It's true, maybe we can start our mission to change the world by changing our day. InsyaAllah, when there's a will, there's a way. We all know, the responsibilities and commitments we have are more than the time that we have but it's never a crime to try our best and make full use of our strength and talent to make the world a better place to live in. At the end of the day, it is our world, it is up to us to decide what we are supposed to do with the globalization.

Dear everyone again, I believe, we all have our own struggles. I have mine. You have yours. I just don't plainly believe in life without struggle. We need challenges and struggles to know that we are weak human beings and there is the greatest up there who we can always depend on. With that being said, stay strong. I know the phrase stay strong can be overrated and in troubles, getting 'stay strong' as an advice won't really help you but that's the truth. Stay strong and keep fighting like a boss. Spread the love because life is too short not to give it all.

Again, dear parents, siblings, family, best friends, friends and strangers, I love you guys endlessly. Let's pray for each other so that we can together be in Jannah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment